We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 2 November 2009

Challenge 7 - Stamp Something

Firstly a huge THANK YOU for all your beautiful Autumn entries, so many different styles to see and we've really enjoyed browsing round them all. Such beautiful works, I love autumn colours! Thanks again also to Kimmi for being our guest designer for challenge 6 too. We had 35 entries for Challenge 6 - Autumn so without further ado here is the winner of the La Pashe prize.


Number 9 - Fabricbutterfly (Glenna)
Please email me your address and I shall get these into the post for you, well done!


TOP 3
Its so hard to pick a Top 3, it really is so I delegated to Judie haha! Judie has picked out her Top 3 which are in no particular order....


Maria - Joyful Stamper \

Sue - Crafters Corner

Catherine - Snooptigger


Well Done Ladies, please feel free to grab your TOP 3 blinkie from the sidebar!


*****************************


Before we move onto our next challenge a quick word about our sponsor for this challenge which is again the delightful Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 gift voucher for her online store.
New products include several new sets of promarkers with the latest colours (yum!) and Joanna Sheen favourite garden flowers including a poinsettia just in time for christmas cardmaking, go take a peek to see what other goodies she has!
Thanks for sponsoring us again Joanna x



*****************************


CHALLENGE 7

Well this one should be pretty easy for most of you! The challenge is to include STAMPING somewhere on your design be it rubber or digital.

As its sooooo easy we're throwing in an OPTIONAL extra challenge to do a stamping technique you havent done in a while or tried before. Remember anything stamped either inky or digi is fine, the optional extra is just to challenge yourself!
Why not try adding some stamped swirls around your image or a sentiment, drag out your heat gun and do some heat embossing, paper piecing or perhaps some resist, the choices are endless.

We will also be running several tutorials on various tricks and techniques over the next few weeks so dont forget to become a follower and you wont miss them :)

Please post your entries into the comments box below Beth's design. Email entries are fine and you can enter our challenges up to a maximum of 3 entries on separate posts. The challenge will close at 12 noon GMT on Monday 16th November.

Lets see what the Design Team have created for you!






I had some oval aperture cards that I thought I'd use. I stamped on the front with a Montage Set of snowflakes (from Stamps Away) in various blue ColorBox Chalk Inks. I then stamped the Father Christmas (Papermania stamp) in VersaMark and embossed with detailed silver embossing powder on the inner piece of card, sponged some chalk ink for a background and stuck the inner card in place. To finish off the card I used a border peel-off round the aperture.





I used a Snowman Family Stamp and coloured it using watercolour pencils, having cut it to size I stuck it onto the blue paper towards the top of the card & finally adding an oval Friends Forever sentiment under the picture.
Although this is the first time I have made any cards using a large stamp I was quite pleased with the results although I did make two mistakes, the first one was that I used ink sticks instead of a pad & the second was that I didn't let it dry properly before colouring it but we all learn along the way!






Our Challenge is to stamp something, well ...................... I have used a Sarah Kay image and coloured her in with my soft strokes pens. I have used Pinks and chocolates, the backing papers are from My Minds Eye wild asparagus and Papermania exquisite collections. I stamped out some flowers in three different sizes and inked the edges. Thank you all for looking!





I've used Sugar Nellie Manga images - stamped the sitting girl image, then masked off and stamped the standing image behind, and coloured them with promarkers. The papers are Cosmo Cricket with Bazzill cardstock. I've added a purple ribbon, flowers cut with a x-cut punch from the reverse of one of the papers and little blue gems for flower centres, and a downloaded sentiment from Pink Petticoat.







I am not the world's best rubber stamper, I love the designs and fact you can make some fabulous cards using them but would not describe myself as a 'stamper'. There are so many techniques you can use with your rubber stamps and there are so many extremely talented people who do so and could not even begin to put myself in the same category. One of my favourite ranges of rubber stamps is the Forever Friends Bears. I just love their cute little faces.


I have made an easel card which I think could be my new favourite design. It looks really amazing but is so easy to do. In a row of cards on a shelf it would easily stand out from the others. You can see from the side view how the front of the card is propped up behind the heart so it 'displays' the card. Full instructions of how to make one are on my blog if you are interested.
The rubber stamp image has been coloured in using watercolour pencils with a small amount of metallic gold pen for accents on the image.
Materials used are Rubber stamp and heart brad - Papermania, Paper & White flower - HOTP, Red flower - Prima, Die cut hearts and glasses - Let's Make Cards, ribbon from my stash.






I used the new CC Designs Winter Stamp Kit for this card. I think she is Sugarplum Emma. I used sewing, paper piecing and glittering for my techniques.









I've used a number of techniques for this card and a fuller writeup will be available over at my personal blog The stamp is the beautiful Butterfly Beauties stamp plate by Tracy Coates and first I coloured the face with promarkers and used this fantastic versamark pen I didn't know existed until a couple of months ago! I used it over the face then added clear embossing powder (twice to make sure it seals!) This acts as a resist for the next technique. I then used a brayer over the hair, let that dry then used the versamark pen on the hair and added kaleidoscope embossing powder which changes colour the more you heat it. I cut out the image, obviously the swirls and leaves are too small to cut so I made the background with starburst stains and radiant rain and stamped the image out again and embossed then added the cut out on top.




The flower swirl was then stamped below the image and in the corners and embossed and I filled in the flowers with stickles glitter glue and added some sticky gems as interest.




Now let me have the pleasure of introducing you to our next wonderful guest, Beth from Wind Walker Altered Arts.




Beth says this...

"I have only been in paper crafting for 2 years and started out with scrapbooking, moved to making ATCs and then into cards and discovered they are my favorite paper crafting project. I have been a GD for The Next Level, Tilda and Friends ATC challenge and was invited to join the Cuttle Bug DT back in August, but missed my chance because I forgot to check my gmail account. UGGGGHH!!!


I currently work for The Lone Star Scrapbook Company in The Woodlands, TX and also currently a paper craft instructor there too. In mid Decmeber I will be a certified copics instructor and I am currently finishing up my certification for the Silhouette digital craft cutter from Quickutz. I will also have a few surprises up my sleeves for stampers coming up in 2010"


We'll look forward to seeing all of Beth's surprises in the New Year! In the meantime Beth has made a beautiful design using a Whiff of Joy Henry Mouse stamp coloured with distress inks, thank you Beth!





91 comments:

  1. Beautiful Design Team cards Ladies! Just stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work, everyone! Thanks for the challenge!

    Here is my project

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the DT samples... Gorgeous.
    Heres mine
    http://peterjdan.blogspot.com/2009/11/mos-digital-freebie.html
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the challenge and beautoul cards ladies. Here's mine - thanks for looking :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such fabulous creations ladies. You can find my entry Here.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for picking me in the top 3 last week. I've been organise and have already completed the challenge this week. Used my new stamp for the image on this card.

    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  8. DT you have some awesome cards.
    Here is my Card
    Thanks Gloria M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,

    Great DT cards. here is my entry

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this challenge, it made me blow the dust off my heat gun. Here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My second blog challenge..........hope I am more successful this time!!

    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for making me use a technique I haven't doe for ages. Love the DT cards. Here is my card Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hereis my card. Love that cheeky chap that is House Mouse! I have coloured him with my Copics - still not mastered that art - but practice makes perfect they say!
    Hugs SuzyX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Challenge and all the cards are fabby
    You can view my entry Here my entry
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of the DT cards are outstanding! My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab DT cards and a great challenge. My card is here

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to have another go...
    x
    Vicky
    http://peterjdan.blogspot.com/2009/11/dusting-off-heat-gun.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards from the DT. Here is my card.http://cardwithd.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-snowing.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great DT card

    heres mine hope it's ok


    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great dt jobs!!
    HERE IS MY ALTERED BOARD WITH SOME STAMPING
    HERE IS MY BOARD

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely examples I'm afraid I am not up to that standard. here is my effort

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi girls
    Just found your challenge the other day so this is my first time joining you all.
    Nice work from the DT

    here is my card

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow fab dt cards...

    Here‘s My Card

    thanx 4 looking...hugs lesley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, gorgeous card girls, fantastic ideas,
    Here's my card

    Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely challenge & beautiful DT's work.
    here is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, I have stamped something - and challenged myself by doing "cute" and using colours I normally steer clear of! Love the DT cards.

    Here it is

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great cards ladies! Here is mine: http://lisashandmadecards.com/bananas-for-you-monkey-card/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi girls gorgeous cards, my card is here
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Challenge and all the cards are fabby
    You can view my entry Here my entry
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just found your challenge, thanks for a good one and I loved all the DT cards. My card is here. TFL. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. another card of mine is here.
    thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great challenge and some lovely DT cards. You'll find mine Here TFL

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fab challenge love all the DT cards they are fab too.here is mine
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great DT cards & challenge you can find mineHERE

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous cards, every one of them
    Think I'm too late for this week, as I'm not at home,but will look in next week!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely DT Cards, nice simple challengeHere is my Entry
    Thanks
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Ladies
    Gorgeous cards from all off the DT team,my card is now done for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx
    http://crazycraftshed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love stamping and love the gorgeous DT work...I have made several cards for this as I got carried away! You can see them all here

    ReplyDelete
  40. Her is my take on the challenge.
    And for the difrent technique I used the "normal" side of the copicpaper. It's a digital image and I use them mostly on the wax side of the paper. So for the second time ever I used the normal side. It was a struggle but I think it worked out great
    here it is

    ReplyDelete
  41. gorgeous samples from the DT!!!
    Here's my card - i stamped the tree and removed the moon that was attached to it, then turned it into a button tree (something i've wanted to do for a long time!)... i also realized how well some stamp companies work with others!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for looking at mine too!

    http://dawnmercedes.blogspot.com/2009/11/get-your-makeup-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fab DT work. My card is HERE
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  44. The DT cards are FABULOUS!!! I am so happy that I found your wonderful challenge blog and hoping to be a regular:o) You can find my card HERE. Thank you for all the creative inspiration!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous cards by the DT!!!

    her's my card

    xoxo Karin

    ReplyDelete
  46. great dt cards
    I DID SOME BACKGROUND RESIST STAMPING ON MY LO
    HERE IS IS

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great challenge and beautiful DT work.

    Here is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yay! Stamping is just my favourite thing :)
    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi there! Stamping is my favourite thing too!
    Here's my Card

    Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh wow, what a lovely challenge this week and the DT's creations are just gorgeous. This is my first entry here and my take on the stamping is over at DOING LIFE
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  51. MY NEW STAMPED LO- lots of stamps and cuts from stamps too
    HERE IS MY LO

    ReplyDelete
  52. Lovely DT samples:) Here is my entry:

    http://paperblossoms.blogspot.com/2009/11/friendship.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love stamping so much I couldn't resist a second go at this one...you can see a scrapbook page and a card both featuring stamping here

    ReplyDelete
  54. So many cute cards and techniques, I can see why you use the Random Generator to chose winners.Hope you read the blurb I left for you on my blog.
    Look forward to next week.

    ReplyDelete
  55. OOPS!! It's me again, I'm so used to Mr. Linky forgot to leave my link--
    Here's my entry
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  56. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hiya
    Sorry the link didn't work in my last post...
    Here's my card
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi stunning card I have stamped something and guess my challenge was clean lines you can find mine HERE"

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi everyone,

    I'm Ruby and I'm 7 years old.
    I made my first x-mas card for this year.

    here's my card

    Thanks for looking.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hiya here is my second entry. and i've just realised that my link for the first entry didn't work so Here is my first entry.
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh wow what a great challenge and the DT's creations are just stunning. Here's my take on the challenge over at DOING LIFE
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.